- The Wilton Method®: Course 1: Building Buttercream Skills Learn how to decorate cakes and sweet treats with basic buttercream techniques and six simple-to-pipe flowers that transform ordinary cakes into extraordinary results. Your Certified Wilton Method Instructor will help you pipe classic buttercream decorating techniques to create modern and traditional cake designs.
- The Wilton Method®: Course 2: Flowers & Cake Design Learn how to create professional-looking flowers and designs made from royal icing. Your Certified Wilton Method Instructor teaches you how to make lifelike rosebuds, pansies, and violets, plus detailed patterns, like lace and basket-weave designs.
- The Wilton Method®: Course 3: Fondant & Gum Paste Learn how to work with fondant and gum paste. From covering your cakes to cutting shapes and painting on fondant, you’ll learn all the essentials, and get to create flowers, like calla lilies, roses and carnations!
- The Wilton Method®: Course 4: Advanced Gum Paste Flowers Learn how to create realistic, wedding-cake-worthy gum paste flowers, like Gerbera daisies and stargazer lilies. Plus, learn to create lifelike leaves, blossoms and bouquet designs that’ll bring your cake decorations to life!
- Wedding Cakes I & II: In this two-session class, each student will make a three-tiered wedding cake using un-iced cakes they bring to class. Some of the subjects covered in class will include how to calculate the amount of cake you will need, basics of wedding cake baking, different types of icing, fillings, freezing cakes, what can be done ahead of time, what has to be done at the last minute and various ways to assemble and transport a wedding cake. In a second session, students will be shown proper icing of a cake with buttercream icing and several decorating techniques. Students take home their personalized wedding cake at end of the second session. An advanced knowledge of cake decorating is required for this class.
- (DECORATING SUPPLIES ARE TO BE BROUGHT BY STUDENTS, TO COMPLETE THEIR CAKES.)
- Petit Fours refer to any bite-sized sweet presented at the end of a meal. They’re usually tiny, beautifully iced cakes. The origin of these bite-sized cakes can be traced to the lavish 18th century court of Marie Antoinette. Luckily you need not be royalty to enjoy Petit Fours, for they are an affordable luxury and will make all occasions more memorable and special. Join Judy in this demo class as she prepares an infinite variety of shapes, flavors and decorations to dress these little cakes up for a tea party, a bridal shower, or an elegant luncheon.
If you’d like to know how to make candy using the Merckens Discs, this is the class for you. In this demo class you will learn how to make molded chocolates, lollipops, filled bon bons, barks, chocolate covered popcorn and patterns on chocolate using candy transfers. Students take home samples. We offer different candy classes throughout the year for example:
- Valentine Candies
- Holiday Molded Chocolate
Great for showers, weddings, tea-parties, birthdays and any occasion you want to make special. Come see what beautiful delights can be made with these individual serving sized cakes. You will be amazed! Watch for special holiday classes and specialized classes throughout the year like:
- Cupcake Pals Class
- Valentine’s Cupcakes Class
- Father’s Day Cupcake Class
Information coming soon.
Gingerbread House Decorating
Make a gingerbread house. A pre-baked gingerbread house kit will be provided for each student. With our Instructor’s guidance, the class will assemble and decorate the houses in their own distinct styles.
Holiday Cookie Decorating Class
Learn how to make cookies as pretty as the ones you see in magazines. You will use smooth flow icings, edible sparkle glitters, shiny powder dusts, spray colors, edible pears, dragees, coarse and sanding sugars, and more. Students should bring to class a maximum of 4 cookies between 3” and 4” in size, suitable for decorating (smooth surface, no nuts, chips, etc.)